Composites & Adhesives Research Department
The Composites and Coatings Research department is recognised as one of
the leading establishments in Iran, for providing industry with access to a
unique combination of scientific and engineering skills.
It is the understanding of polymer matrix composite materials in practice and the ability to respond to commercial reality, which have led to the department providing increasing levels of support to industries throughout Iran.
The composite department has been given three major objectives:
· To conduct long-term research into polymer composite materials
· To provide services to industry and carry out short-term contracts
· To educate and train engineers and scientists
The major commitment is with design and manufacture of engineering products and the current research activities include:
· Experimental and numerical study of Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) and pultrusion process variables
· Design and development of composites with high energy absorption capacity
· Manufacture of FRP Rebars
· Joining of polymer composites
· Moulding compounds (moulding powders, BMC and SMC)
· Mechanical Properties and Durability of FRP Reinforced Concrete
· Natural fiber Reinforced Composites
· Sandwich Structures
· Manufacture of Composite Profiles by Pultrusion
The composites department offers a unique combination of resources to industry. A comprehensive set of advanced testing and analysis equipment is complemented by human resources with a unique set of combined skills.
16.Corona Discharge Equipment
17.HYPA Ject MKIII and RTM Development Package
1. Beheshty MH, Afzali SK and Naderi G., “Effect of Aditives Resin on the Properties of Nitril Elastomers”, The Proceedings of Fifth National Conference of Rubber, 20-21 Feb., 2002, 136-143.
2. Nasiri H, Beheshty MH, and Alavi SMB, The Effect of Initiator on Cure Behaviour of Unsaturated Polyester Resin, The Proceeding of seventh national Conference of Chemical Engineering, 28-31 October 2002, Tehran University, Vol. 6, 67-72.
3. Khatibi MA, Beheshty MH and Morshedian J, “The Effect of Glass-Fiber on the Properties of Melamine-Formaldehyde Moulding Compounds”, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology (Persian edition), 14, No.4, 2001, pp 213-219.
4. Beheshty MH, Afzali SK and Naderi G., “The Compounding of Phenolic Nitrile Blends: I- Effect of Phenolic Resin”, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology (Persian edition), 14, No.5, 2002, pp 309-315.
5. Beheshty MH, Afzali SK and Naderi G., “The Compounding of Phenolic Nitrile Blends: II- Effect of Nitrile Elastomer Type”, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology (Persian edition), 14, No.5, 2002, pp 317-322.
6. Beheshty MH, Naderi G, and Delbari H., “Cure Cycle Optimization of a Phenolic – Nitrile foam”, Tahghigh, Vol. 12, No. 43, 2002, pp 27-33.
7. Mohseni Lavi R., Kokabi M. and Beheshty MH, “Thermal Degredation Kinetics of Phenolic Resins used in Ablative Heat Shiled”, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology (Persian edition), 15, No.4, 2002, pp 245-250.
8. Rezadoust A. M. and Esfandeh M, “Evaluation of Two-Roll Mill Method for Preparing Short Glass Fibre Reinforced NBR-Phenolic Composites”, Polymer & Polymer Composites, Vol. 9, No. 6, 2001, pp. 403-408.
9. Esfandeh M., Rezadoust A. M., Alavi S. M. B. and Sabet A, “Investigation of Factors Effecting the Surface Quality of Pultruded Profiles”, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology (Persian edition), 15, No.4, 2002, pp 229-235.
10. Rezadoust A. M. and Esfandeh M, “Investigation of Fiber Length Variations in Preparing Glass Fiber Reinforced NBR-Phenolic Ablatives”, The Proceedings of the 4th Aerospace Conference, 25-27 January 2003, pp. 289-294, Tehran Iran.
11. Esfandeh M., Ebrahimi M. R. and Hashemi S. A., “Polycaprolactone - Modified Unsaturated Polyester Resin Used for the Manufacture of Sheet Moulding Compound (SMC)” The Proceedings of Asia/Australia PPS 2002 Conference, 4-8 November 2002, Taipei, Taiwan.
12. Rezadoust A. M. and Esfandeh M, “Selection of Flame Retardants for Rubber Ablatives”, The Proceedings of seventh national Conference of Chemical Engineering, 28-31 October 2002, Tehran University, Vol. 7.
13. Rahimi H. and Hutchinson A., “ Concrete Beams Strengthened with Externally Bonded FRP Plates”, ASCE, Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 44-56, 2001.