Polymerization Engineering Department
plant design, construction and operation to directing the laboratory researches
into the pilot scale production and finally know how presentation in pilot
In this way we notice to reaction kinetics, process dynamics, control and optimisation. Also we take into consideration economical evaluations, waste treatment and technological problems.
In view of agreement signed with national petrochemical company most of research activities of this faculty will exclusively be towards Projects allocated to us by NPC _ R&T .
The main farm work for these joint research projects are, polyolefines and other polymers produced by NPC.
The current projects in row 6 and 7 are in accordance with such arrangement . It is hoped that, with completion of these research Projects, all research activities of this faculty be in line with petrochemical needs.
People In The Department :-
Current Research Projects :-
1. Design of multipurpose pressurized polymerization pilot plant.
2. Natural gas partial oxidation reactor design and construction.
3. Study of PP process.
4. Study and operational test of strong cationic ion exchange resins .( IPPI production )
5. Pilot scale production of anionic exchange resins.
6. Study of LLDPE process in lab scale. ( first phase )
7. Study and evaluation of HDPE polymerization in lab scale.
· 5 liters computer controlled pilot plant (batch & semi-batch operation) for suspension, emulsion, solution and polycondensation polymerizations, up to 200° C and 5 atm.
· 100 liters pilot plant (batch & semi-batch operation) with temperature control system for various type of polymerization up to 200oC and 7 atm.
· polymerization and sulfunation glass lined pilot plant with control system (batch and semi-batch operation). Sulfunation carry out in 200 liter reactor and polymerization in 300 liters and 500 liters reactors.
· Pilot plant for high pressure polymerization in 0.5 liter, 1.7 liter and 1 liter reactors up to 300 bar pressure and high temperature.
· Spray dryer
· 3 Mixer
· 5 Bath circulator
· High pressure polymerization reactor (buchi)
· 20 litre glassed buchi polymerization reactor . (chemtech )
· 2 Microscopes one reflex