Department of Polymer Science
Current Projects Completed Projects
The aim of this section is to provide an environment which
facilitates researches in pure and applied polymer chemistry. This Group includes a team
of polymer chemists, polymer engineers and chemists holding Ph.D. and Master degrees.
Experiments in polymer chemistry in laboratory scale are well performed using laboratory
chemical and vessels as well as technical grade materials. Higher capacity vessels and
reactors are specially designed and constructed in order to investigate and to prepare a
higher quantity of products.
Finally, a wide variety of analytical instruments fulfil the characterisation of these
Our current researches involve a combination of industrially and academic projects for the
development of polymer science and technology.
People In The Department :-
- Salehi-Mobarakeh, Hamid (Ph.D.)
- Baharvand, Habiballah (Ph.D.)
- Mahdavian, Ali Reza (Ph.D.)
- Nekoomanesh, Mehdi (Ph.D.)
- Rahimi, Azam (Ph.D.)
- Atai, Mohammad (Ph.D.)
- Djalilian, Mehrdad (M.Sc.)
- Shaghaghi, Sara (M.Sc.)
- Seyed- Mohaghegh, Seyed Mohammad (M.Sc.)
- Mirzataheri, Mojgan
- Ziaee, Farshid (M.Sc.)
- Farhangzadeh, Salva (B.Sc.)
- Mirhosseiny-Moghaddam, Seyed
Current Research Projects :-
- Emulsion Copolymerization of Vinylacetate-Ethylene
- Formulation of Novel Biodegradable Implant Drug Delivery System
- Functionalization of Polystyrene for Separation of Optically
Active Chemicals and Precursors of Drugs in Chromatographic Technique
- Preparation of EPDM with
- Preparation of n-Butyl Cyanoacrylate as Tissue Adhesive
- Preparation of Polyethylene
with Metalloceue Catalyst
- Preparation of Polymer Composites (Blends)
A Colloidal Pathway
- Preparation of Super Active Catalyst for Polymerisation of PP
- Study of Polymerization of Low Cis PBR Using Ziegler-Natta
- Synthesis of Terpolymer Styrene-Maleic Anhydride-ABS
- Synthesis if Furfural
from Rice Hulls
- Global Study for Development of Polymer and
Polymerization Technology in I.R Iran ( In Conjunction with Iranian Ministry
- Structural and Kinetic Studies of Radical
Polymerization of Acrylates by 1H-NMR Spectroscopy
- Comprehesive Studies on Modification, Improvement and
Development of Petrochemicals
- Structural Studies on Core-Shell Particles Obtained by
Emulsion Polymerization of Vinylacetate and 2-Ethylhexyl Acrylate
- Preparation of Functionalized Compound in Nanoscale
- Preparation of Epoxy-Silica Nanocomposite Coatings for
- Preparation of Chlorinated Polymers (CPVC, CNR, CPE,...)
- Linear Shrinkage Measurement Device
- Study of the Shrinkage Behaviour of Multifunctional
Monomers during Photopolymerization
- Synthesis, Characterization and the use of Waterborn
Polyurethane Elastomer as a Binder and Dopant for Conductive Polymers
Completed Research Projects :-
- Catalytic Polymerisation of Polyethylene an Polypropylene.
- Characterisation and Synthesis of Denture Base Polymer.
- Copolymerization of Expandable EVA.
- Determination of Reactivity Ratio of Styrene -2 Ethyl Hexyl
Acrylate and Styrene -2 Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate.
- Effect of Catalyst and Branching on Physical Properties of Novolak.
- Effect of Coupling Agents on the Physical and Mechanical
Properties of Dental Composites.
- Emulsion Polymerisation of Styrene.
- Evaluation of Filler Size and Filler Size Distribution in Particle
Composite to Obtain Maximum Packing and Higher Mechanical Properties.
- Experimental Measuring of Solvent Activity in Polymer Solutions.
- Formulation of Binder for Non Woven Fibers.
- Functionalisation of PE Waxes.
- Increasing the Final Attainable Conversion of VCM
- Information on the Replacement of HB Base PEG for using in Brake
- Investigation of the Effect of Additives on Novolak Resins and the
Determination of Free Phenol Content.
- Kinetic Investigation and Characterisation of Copolymerization of
- Kinetic of Bulk Polymerisation of Polystyrene.
- Kinetic of Polymerisation of
- Kinetic Study of Bulk Polymerisation of Styrene.
- Light (UV) Cure Dental Filling Material (Dental Composite).
- Mechanical-Morphology Properties of Toughed Polystyrene (HIPS).
- Modification of Formulation of PMMA Sheets.
- Modification of Sulfonated Melamine-Formaldehyde Resin (MF).
- Photo Oxidative Degradation of PVC.
- Pilot Design for Preparation of Silica-Gel Used as Catalyst in
Melamine Crystal Reactor.
- Polymer Adhesion (Evaluation and Molecular Level Understanding).
- Polymeric Reagent: 1-Polymer Supported Zinc Borohydride 2-Polymer
- Preparation and Study of Water Soluble Alkyd Resins.
- Preparation of Bi-supported
Ziegler-Natta Catalyst for Polymerization of Ethylene.
- Preparation of Choline Chloride in Lab-Scale.
- Preparation of Copolymer (Ethylene-Propylene) Using TiCl4
- Preparation of Crystal Polystyrene.
- Preparation of Heat Resistant Polymers of Polyamide-Imide Type.
- Preparation of Methylated Melamine Formaldehyde.
- Preparation of Mono and Bi-Supported Ziegler Natta Catalysts for
Copolymerization of Ethylene and Propylene.
- Preparation of SiO2/MgCl2 Bi-supported
Ziegler-Natta (ZN) Catalyst for Polymerisation of Ethylene.
- Preparation of Waxes used in Dental Packing.
- Production of Melamine-Formaldehyde by Reactive Extrusion.
- Semi-Industrial Production of Phenolic Foams and Study of
Effective Parameters on Foam Density and Cell Size.
- Silicon Synthesis.
- Studies of the Surfactants Effect on Emulsion Polymerisation of
- Study of HIPS Synthesised Using PBR Produced in Arack
- Study of Structure an Polymerisation Activity of Bi-supported High
Activity Ziegler-Natta Catalyst Based on SiO2 & MgCl2 as
- Study of the Effect of Polyvinylacetate Branching in Semi-Batch
- Study on Formulation and Preparation of Levothiroxine Implant.
- Substitute of a Good Solvent in Butadiene
- Sulfonation of Copolymer of
- Synthesis and Application of New an Mild Polymer Supported
- Synthesis and Characterisation of Epoxy Resin Containing Copper,
Titanium and Zirconium.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of Modified Amino Resins.
- Synthesis and Kinetic Investigation of St.-Butadiene Emulsion
Copolymer in Various Temperature.
- Synthesis and Kinetic of Methacrylic Acid Polymerisation in
- Synthesis and Modification of Lignosulfonates as a
- Synthesis of Conductive and non-Conductive Polymers Containing
Hydroxamic acid Groups and their Metal complex.
- Synthesis of Glycolide and its Copolymerization with Lactide.
- Synthesis of Phenol-Formaldehyde from Light Petroleum Hydrocarbons
such as Natural Gas or LDPE.
- Synthesising of PVC Paste for Automobile Industries.
- Synthesis of Sensitive Pressure Adhesive.
- Synthesis of Styrene Sulfonic Acid and its Polymerisation.
- Synthesis of Unsaturated Polyester Resin.
- Synthesis, Kinetically Inspection and Effect of Additives on
Physical, Mechanical Properties of Melamine-Formaldehyde Moulding Powder.
- The Application of Polyesters Wastes in Polymer Alloys.
- The study and Determination of Effective Parameters on the
Production and Yield of Melamine form Urea
- Preparation of Crystal Melamine in Pilot Plant
- Optimisation of the Mixture of Wax and Copper Powder
- Preparation of Dental Composite
- Study of Particle Size Distribution Effect on Physical and
Mechanical Properties of Dental Composite and its Rheological Behaviour
- Synthesis of Bisphenol A and Design of the Pilot Plant
- Inorganic Polymers
- Laboratory Grafting of Hydrophilic Monomers onto PVC
- Synthesis of Melamine - Formaldehyde Resin as Glazing
- Batch Emulsion Polymerization of Methylmethacrylate and
butylacrylate with Mixed Emulsifiers
- Semi-Batch Emulsion Polymerization of Vinylacetate
using Mixed Emulsifiers
- Kinetic Studies of Radical Polymerization of Sodium
Methacrylate in Solid Phase
- Preparation and Modification of Flame-retarded
- Preparation of Carboxylated SBR by Emulsion
- Kinetic Studies of Radical Copolymerization of Sodium
Methacrylate and Acrylamid in Solid-Melt Phase
- Preparation of Flame-Retarded Polystyrene Foam
- Preparation of Nanionic Surfactant
1) Buchi Laboratory autoclave (up to
20 bar and 250 o
Stirrer vessels from 1.0 to 10.0 lit
Press flow controller model 9903
- Cryotemp, ultra-low refrigerated circulator
C up 60 o
2) Buchi Laboratory autoclave (up to
20 bar and 250 o
buchiglassuster bmd 300
Stirrer vessels from 1.0 to 10.0 lit
Press flow controller model bpc 9901
Julabo circolator (25 to 300 o
Auto LAB - model 30 Made in Netherland
4) Melting Point Buchi B - 545
(LUMI Reader 416-1, Germany)
6) PH Meter
(Inolab Ph Level, WTW, Germany)
Mixing Molder (LMM)
(Dynisco (Polymer Test), USA)