| Polymerization Engineering Department
Polymerization pilot plant design, construction and operation to directing the laboratory researches into the pilot scale production and finally know how presentation in pilot scale.
In this way we notice to reaction kinetics, process dynamics, control and optimisation. Also we take into consideration economical evaluations, waste treatment and technological problems.
In view of agreement signed with national petrochemical company most of research activities of this faculty will exclusively be towards Projects allocated to us by NPC _ R&T; .
The main farm work for these joint research projects are, polyolefines and other polymers produced by NPC.
The current projects in row 6 and 7 are in accordance with such arrangement . It is hoped that, with completion of these research Projects, all research activities of this faculty be in line with petrochemical needs.
People In The Department :-
Nekoomanesh, Mehdi (Ph.D.) *
Parvazinia, Mahmood (M.Sc.) *
Mohamadi, Feridoon (Ph. D.)*
Fazeli, Naghmeh (Ph.D.) *
Hakim, shokoofeh (Ph.D.) *
Emami, Mehrsa (M.Sc)
Hormozi, Farzin (M.Sc.)
Eslamimanesh, Vahid (M.Sc.) *
Mirzaei, Ahmad (M.Sc.)
Nodehi, Azizollah (M.Sc.) *
Abedini, hossein (M.Sc)
Rabbani, Ali (M.Sc.) *
Mortazavi, Mohammadmehdi (M,Sc)
Yaaghoubi, Nakisa (M.Sc.) *
Abassnejad, Amir Reza (B.Sc.)
Garshasbi, Neda (M.Sc.) *
Bolandi, Shiva (B.Sc.)
Daneshgar, Mohammad (B.Sc.)
Haji-Ebrahimi, Mohammad (B.Sc.)
Current Research Projects :-
1. Design of multipurpose pressurized polymerization pilot plant.
2. Natural gas partial oxidation reactor design and construction.
3. Study of PP process.
4. Study and operational test of strong cationic ion exchange resins .( IPPI production )
5. Pilot scale production of anionic exchange resins.
6. Study of LLDPE process in lab scale. ( first phase )
7. Study and evaluation of HDPE polymerization in lab scale.
Completed Research Projects :-
Adaptive Temperature Control of a Batch Polymerization Reactor
Production of Ion exchange Resins in Pilot Plant
Oxidative Coupling of Methane (OCM)
Computer Controlled Minipilot
Computer Modelling of Twin Screw Extruders
Design Installation and Operation of a Multipurpose Glass Lined Pilot Plant
Design of a Multipurpose Polymerization Reactor
Determination of Particle Size Distribution in Polymerization of Polystyrene and PMMA
Electro initiated Cationic Polymerization of N-Vinyl Pyrolidone by Anodic Dissolution
Emulsion Polymerization of Acetate/2-Ethyl Acrylate in Reactor Batch
Kinetics and Modelling of Polyesterification Reactions
Methylmethacrylate Mass Polymerization Kinetic Study
Optimisation of Bulk Polymerization Reactions for Minimum PDI
Pilot Plant Design and Production of Ion Exchange Resins
PVC Pilot Plant Design
Real Time State...
S-DVB Cross-linking Copolymerization
Styrene-DVB Suspension Copolymerization
Suspension Copolymerization of Styrene-Divinylbenzene (S-DVB)
Synthesis and Kinetic of Metacrylic Acid Polymerization if Aqueous Solution
Synthesis of Acrylic Resins as Textile Binders
Synthesis of Effective Chemicals for Carbonless Copy Paper by Microencapsulation Technique
Synthesis of Expandable Polystyrene and Study on its Properties
Effect of monomer ratio in emulsion polymerization kinetic in the absence of emulsifier
Pilot plant design and production of 4-Dimethyl 2,6Tersiary buthlphenol
Design installation and operation of a 100 liters multipurpose pilot plant
Synthesis of commercial grade of styrene – Acrylonitrile (SAN ) copolymer
· 5 liters computer controlled pilot plant (batch & semi-batch operation) for suspension, emulsion, solution and polycondensation polymerizations, up to 200° C and 5 atm.
· 100 liters pilot plant (batch & semi-batch operation) with temperature control system for various type of polymerization up to 200oC and 7 atm.
· polymerization and sulfunation glass lined pilot plant with control system (batch and semi-batch operation). Sulfunation carry out in 200 liter reactor and polymerization in 300 liters and 500 liters reactors.
· Pilot plant for high pressure polymerization in 0.5 liter, 1.7 liter and 1 liter reactors up to 300 bar pressure and high temperature.
· Spray dryer
· 3 Mixer
· 5 Bath circulator
· High pressure polymerization reactor (buchi)
· 20 litre glassed buchi polymerization reactor . (chemtech )
· 2 Microscopes one reflex one transmission